You’re probably wondering what the word “skewer” is doing in a “heat free” recipe challenge. It might seem odd, but when you think about the dishes you WON’T be required to wash, putting salad on a stick is just plain smart!
These vegetarian salad skewers are full of unique flavors that come together about as effortlessly as the preparation. The mozzarella balls tame the sweet and spicy Peppadew peppers, while basil’s palette cleansing capabilities create a completely balanced bite. The final drizzle of olive oil and balsamic provide just enough moisture to tie it all together. Not only are these skewers heat free but they’re guilt free, so feel free to grab seconds!
- 12 Peppadew peppers (found in grocery store near olive jars)
- 12 quartered artichoke hearts
- 12 Greek olives
- 6-12 mozzarella balls (depending on the size, they can be cut in half)
- 12 leaves of basil
- 12 yellow, orange or red cherry tomatoes
- 9’’ bamboo skewers
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Stuff each Peppadew with a mozzarella ball (you may need to cut these in half)
Thread one of each ingredient onto each skewer and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the final touch! Enjoy!!